Application Information for the Minority Fellowship Program (MFP)The AAMFT Research and Education Foundation's MFP offers three Fellowships:
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship (DCF)-For doctoral students at the dissertation stage of their curriculum;
- Doctoral Fellowship (DF)-For doctoral students still in the process of completing pre dissertation core curriculum;
- Minority Fellowship Program- Youth (MFP-Y)-For masters students interested in service provision to the nation’s youth.
2019-20 Application Deadline: CLOSED
Things to note for the general fellowship application (DCF, DF, MFP-Y):
- The AAMFT/SAMHSA Minority Fellowship Program (MFP) is now open to ALL graduate students in marriage and family therapist doctoral and masters programs. This webpage is the official application webpage for the MFP.
- Additional information on the programs offered at by the MFP can be found here.
- All applicants will be notified via email or through the online portal, no phone inquiries please.
- Only one application per applicant will be accepted.
- Only complete applications will be considered for review.
- All required recommendation information must be provided by the deadline.
- Do not mail in hardcopies of your application or documents attached to your application, they will not be accepted.
- Do not email in copies of your application or documents attached to your application, they will not be accepted.
- Unofficial transcripts and other supplemental documentation are required to complete this application.
- You will have the option to save your application and continue it at a later time via an access link sent to the email address you provided. Once you have started the application, you can find the “save and continue” option located at the top of the application page.
MFP Volunteer Applications:The MFP is one of the longest running behavioral health workforce development grants funded by the federal government – funding provided by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). Volunteer Position General Information The MFP offers a variety of ways for interested individuals to contribute to the goals of the MFP. Volunteer positions include becoming an MFP Advisory Committee Member, MFP Mentor, Ad-Hoc Reviewer, etc. Additional information on these positions can be found below. Please note that the MFP does not provide honorariums. We offer reimbursements related to these positions in the form of:
- Meal Reimbursements for required days of travel/meetings
- Travel and Hotel related expenses
- Air Fare
- Hotel Rooming